Monday, January 26, 2009

Shopping with song

Desperately out of milk, I had to run to the store today with barely a menu in mind. I was in the produce section and was hearing some song like "Crazy for You" playing and I understand that they have to have benign music that would please a large artist, but some of the songs just kill me slowly. They kind of make me want to get out of the store even more quickly - not their intended use, I know. But then, halfway down the cereal/peanut butter aisle, this song came on and all was well with the world. This song or "You're So Vain" by Carly Simon always play at some point whenever I shop at the grocery store. I wonder if the world is trying to tell me something. What is your shopping anthem?

5 comments:

Natalie said...

Oh, Whit you just made my afternoon....we LOVE this song! What grocery store were you at...I've never heard it while I shop!!!

Lindsey said...

My grocery store anthem is "Lost in the Supermarket" by the Clash. Story of my life.
PS: I love Carly Simon.

Lindsey said...

PPS: I could shop all day to "Pina Coladas" - especially if I had a pina colada to sip on.

katie said...

oh i have no idea?!?! i'm going to have to pay better attention and i'll get back to ya on this one!

:)

Anonymous said...

i don't have a shopping anthem, but these two songs made me start singing "I Will Survive." I love that along with these two. Good choices! JJN