Thursday, January 8, 2009

I don't even know where to start

except to say that my favorite lines are "I'm not a monkey" and "better than mango". I struggled to wean Joey from breastfeeding, I breast him for far longer than my other two and if I was not me and just listening to me and how long I nursed Joey, I would make fun of myself. And though I think it was a good choice for me, my children and my food budget (formula is pricey!), I must say, but this is a whole different level of being a breast supporter.

5 comments:

Meghan said...

oh my. what a way to start off a Friday morning. thanks a lot whit.
(full body shiver)

Amanda said...

You know, this isn't that shocking to me at all. Virtually every word that mother used to describe how her girls felt about nursing, I have used to describe how my husband feels about my breasts.

"Better than a mango", "sweet", he has names for them, he draws pictures of my nipples, doesn't care that they're saggy and worn out, gets all of his comfort from them, and he thinks me sacrificing a few short years of my life to give him pleasure and comfort is the least I can do for him.

It's touching that 7 and 9 year-olds and grown men everywhere can come together on such a topic.

katie said...

i don't even know what to say....

i'm probably the worst one to have an opinion on this matter because i was not a "breast feeder". my kids were preemies but still...

...oh my!

Kacy said...

Yes thank you Whitney. SICK!!!!!

The Prince's said...

Sickest thing i've ever seen!!