Monday, July 28, 2008
Saturday, July 26, 2008
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
What are the last three things you purchased?
- A zoo pass - which I immediately regretted and remembered why I only renew them every other year!
- A pair of shorts - I love designer jeans but really hate spending money on things that I know are going to be covered in cute chocolate hand prints and runny noses, so these fit perfectly and the price didn't make me sick to my stomach.
- A sweater for Dave - I only paid $.20! It was at Banana Republic, it was supposed to be $17 (can you tell I hate full price anything?), it rung up as $10.20, I had a $10 coupon from my banana card and viola - $.20.
What are the last three songs you downloaded?
- Viva la Vida, Coldplay - I like it ok
- Here We Stand, The Fratellis - love this and Costello Music, really fun to listen to
- No!, They Might Be Giants - I think I might like it more than my kids
What were the last three places you visited?
Like visit visit? A trip?
- the zoo
- Park City, a girls' trip without more than one girl
- ???, probably Texas
What are your three favorite movies?
Ooh, hard because I love all movies but not many to watch over and over
-Mansfield Park - I watch this when I am sick, I love it
-The Parent Trap - the original one
-Oh Brother, Where Art Thou? - I love this, makes me laugh each time, Dave totally doesn'tWhat are your three favorite possessions?
- a gold bracelet I wore when I was really little
- our house - great schools, great neighbors, great location
- ???? - I'll think about this
What three things can you not live without?
I, like Amanda, am going to assume husband and kids are a no-brainer.
- family and friends
- apparently, the Internet and cell phones (pretty much the same genre, right?)
- knowledge and education, although it has been in hiding for the last little while, I am sure I will find it
What would be your three wishes?
Obviously, I want the success and safety of my family, peace, love, unity and such, but let's be a little whimsical:
- Unlimited lifetime spending allotment at Anthropologie - think of all the money I would save if I was gifted all my wardrobe and housewares here?
- A healthy, well-toned body with minimal effort
- 80 degree temperatures all year long
What are three things you haven't done yet?
- I haven't seen the new Batman movie (and although we are planning on going tonight, children with fevers may hinder that a bit) ****
- been to all the countries in the world I would like
- found my niche
What are your three favorite dishes?
- Chile Rellenos from Fiesta Mexicana
- Lamb Boti Kabob Masala
- garlic, basil, mozzarella and balsamic pizza
What three celebrities do you want to hang out with most?
- Ellen Degeneres - I love her, she is so funny
- Julia Roberts
- Bono - we could go on humanitarian missions all over the world, change politicians minds about where money should go, I could be a back up singer or just dry his brow in between sets...
Name three things that freak you out:
- deep water, the thought of drowning
- the thought of anything horrible and debilitating happening to my children
- the spider that I just flushed down the toilet, I often think that they will swim back up and get me in my sleep!
If you could describe yourself in three words, what would they be?
this is really hard, I think it really depends on the moment and am I describing what I am? who I am? how I feel about myself right now...
Name three unusual things you are good at:
- I also have a lot of knowledge (it is in there somewhere, I have to keep reminding myself), I know a little about a lot of things, not enough to be an expert, but enough to have a slightly educated opinion
- I am very dexterous with my toes, much to my family's annoyance
- I can remember phone numbers once I have dialed them two or three times, useless in most situations and takes up needed space in my brain
What are three things you are currently coveting?
- a remodeled home
- central air
- a larger vocabulary
Name three bloggers you are tagging:
and anyone else that reads this, seriously, let me know and I want to come and see!
**** I wrote this out before we went to see Batman, which we just got back from, a couple of observations:
Christian Bale is quite handsome. Heath Ledger was freaky good. No one under the age of 13 should see this show - sorry, just my opinion.
Sunday, July 20, 2008
Sunday, July 13, 2008
These Glowbowls are magnificent. I want some in my living room, in my bedroom and outside on my patio. The rest of Diana Fayt's shop, one black bird, is beautiful too.
I have two stamp blocks from India in my house, I think they are so beautiful, I would love to see what they were used for. I love this hand carved block that was used to print on fabric. You can see it in Creative Rags store.
My aunt would totally love this bug 6 from burrowburrow, it is just quirky enough. The other little sculptures in the shop are really fun.
I think this Kid Alphabet Print would be great in my playroom, or our "toy room" upstairs. I love the bright colors and whimsy. Lucky Paperie is a great place to find other colorful prints and beautiful stationary.
Another place to find some superduper prints is in Jessica Gonacha's shop I love this gocco print You Are So Loved - another one I need to hang somewhere in my house - maybe above each of our beds. I also really like the one that says "You Are My Sunshine".
And of course, there is always a bag that I am eyeing. I like this Kite Bag by acajou. Her bags look different and well constructed, including the clutches.
This mask (and others like them in the shop, abigail brown's) are perfect to add to your dress up box. There are quite a few to choose from, I like them all.
Friday, July 11, 2008
Such an Eli face...
Love this one because Eli is looking at Paige, but Caroline is looking at Eli...
Good little brother, good boy...
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
And the kids are pretty mesmerized by the glass and copper and such. And I kind of like having no rhyme or reason to things.
Thursday, July 3, 2008
I should be more embarrassed to show you that our son sleeps on a feather bed, but this was just too funny. The bed wasn't even laid out properly, it was still rolled up against the wall. He had fallen out of my bed and just wandered over to his "bed" and curled up. This is how we live. We'll figure it all out eventually.
On another note, we had pictures with the wonderful Miss Paige (you have to call her this when she is in photographer mode). It was so fun. Ben and Linds came along with little Josie. I think I finally won her over with a bag of popcorn (yes!). We went to Liberty Park, where they still have on old fair park ride area (I'm sure there is a real name here, but it isn't coming to me). This fantastic old carousel, a Ferris wheel that was in repair, cars to ride, sno cones. I can't wait to see Miss Paige's photos, but her are a few of mine (none of Joey, bad mom). When we left, Eli asked if Paige, Linds and Ben and Jose were coming over and Caroline said, "Mom, I like Josie!". Thanks Paige, I can't wait to see what you got, minus Eli's super model smile.
and this is my future daughter in law, I don't care which boy she marries. And I'll fight for her, I know she is in high demand!
It was a great time spent with some of my favorite people.