Saturday, July 26, 2008

Today I decided to be mad, just for a few more moments. I typically get worked up, vent to my husband who looks at me like I am a fool and then tells me "cooler heads with prevail"! Do you really think that is what I want to hear? Absolutely not! I want to hear, "You are right to be upset! You should kick them in the knees and then twist their ear! And while they are holding their ear, flick their other ear! And then, say all the witty, childish things that are in your head and make them cry!!"

That is what I want to hear. But then I hear myself thinking these things (is that possible, to hear a thought?) and I kick myself in the knee, twist my ear and tell myself to grow up! Now!
I spent some time today holding a wee grudge. Did it make me feel better? No. How unsatisfying is that? Nuts.







card by circular accessories found here

1 comment:

Mike and Tia Fam said...

Thanks Whit! I feel the same way - Mike will listen to my little rants and then after he has listened he doesn't say anything and I eventually realize how much growing up I still have to do.