Thursday, November 6, 2008

No Butts


I try not to rant, really I do. Especially here, where I try to be my better self and not show my true, cynical self. But seriously, I can't take it anymore.


Today, while I was driving about town, I saw about 20 cigarettes being thrown from their owner's cars. Those of you that properly dispose of you cancer sticks, I applaud you BUT the rest of you SUCK!!! Why do these Flickies (as I refer to those that throw their leftovers into the streets or sidewalks, or ponds with innocent ducklings and guppies) think that it is just fine to dispose of their trash this way? My neighbor, who loves his ciggies and lots of them, makes sure that his cig-ends never end up in his drive way, but has no qualms about them in his neighbors lawn or my gutter.


AND, while I am here, a few weeks ago Dave and I were out of town (his 20 year reunion, I really should post about it because it was a lot of fun, great people, he had a ball) and we were hanging out at the roof top pool, enjoying the warm, fresh air when three men came out and chose to sit right by us. There were plenty of other seats, but fine. Until they all lit up! 3 feet away! Ironically, I was reading this article at the time, it basically says if people would stop smoking we would save millions of lives. Smoke away, Flickies, but do it in your own space. Not around others that don't have a cigarette hanging from their lip or dangling from their finger. AND, those who choose to smoke around their children, ugh, so crazy. I just read this article found here about the dangers of second hand smoke for children.


Am I a hater? Kind of. Sorry, but I think that this may be one of the more selfish habits of people. And they are litter bugs.
photo found here

3 comments:

Molly said...

I hear ya, sista! It drives me CRAZY too. We should be glad we live in a place were fewer people smoke. Everytime I vacation on the beach in San Diego I am amazed at the gutters literally FULL of cigarette butts. So gross.

katie said...

disgusting!

haaaate aaaaall you want!

...and your "no butts" poster??? a huge LOL!

Tiffany & Co. said...

AND they are allowed to take LOTS of breaks during work to go outside and smoke!