Friday, February 6, 2009

I've got nothin.

I got an oh so friendly reminder to update my blog (thanks p) and have nothing. N.O.T.H.I.N.G. It is like when people ask what you have been up to and frankly, nothing new, but you are so busy that you can't even catch up with American Idol Hollywood, know what I mean? Busy doing what? Nothing unusual - laundry, sweeping, entertaining people that come to my waist, making broccoli cheese soup that was sooo good the first time I decided to make up my own recipe and then bombed the second time I made it but tripled it to share the love - but it didn't love me back. Fever, runny noses, coughs, sleeves with snail trails on them, laundry. Really, not exciting.

Any funny quotes? Hmm. Caroline hops into my bed each morning and snuggles me. I said to her yesterday, "Your voice is kind of froggy." "No, it's not," she says, "it is my sparkly voice." Leave it to her to turn something as un-feminine as a phlegm-y throat into something so beautiful.

Joey is expanding his vocabulary, but in the footsteps of his older brother, you have to be an interpreter. He calls Caroline, Caro-Gine. Eli is still Eh-yi. Whenever he sees Oma he asks where Opa is and he can say his cousin Esther's name quite well. And Wow Wow as in Wow Wow Wubzzy - the coolest yellow shapey cartoon kid ever.

Eli is still Mr. First Grade (the title I have given him, there wasn't an election). He was sick this weekend and I kept him home on Monday for an hour to see if the fever would make a reappearance (it had been 15 hours) and he was begging to go. Let's hope that this attitude stays there. I love to hear from his teacher - yes I am bragging. I am allowed, it is my blog. His teacher is very good at accentuating the positive and the kids all feel adored.

Update on Dave? Dave is combing his hair differently. It is almost like accountant meets librarian meets movie star- he looks handsome. Don't tell him I said that, he'll blush.


Oh, and I have this white pumpkin on my porch left over from fall - I keep thinking I will take it in and seed it so I can plant them this spring/summer. Now I don't dare pick it up. I'm sure my neighbors are embarrassed for me. And, now you want to be my neighbor.

4 comments:

Hogans said...

For having nothing to say it sure was entertaining...Wish I could write like you.

Natalie said...

I'll second...wish I could write like you! Have to say that pumpkin has seen better days! Cutest picture of you and Caroline....You have such cute kids and we need a picture of Dave's new do....or maybe we all just need to go out to dinner again...soon!

Amanda said...

I think I, too, have wondered about that pumpkin before...

Your hair looks tremendously shiny and gorg in that first pic. And I think Caroline gets all her funny and whimsy from you.

Angel said...

I was going to comment on your hair before I read Amanda's comment. I think Dave's onto something with the valetine wall. You could be a hair model.