Sunday, February 1, 2009

And breathe.

So after my rant, I slept. In the middle of the day, slept for an hour and a half. I woke up happier. I think between the odd nap and the unnecessary bloggy rant I was refreshed. In any case, thank you for you phone calls, emails and comments. It is so reassuring to know I am not alone and probably not an idiot.


On the subject of my rant. With a clear head I realized (I always have known this but lost site for about 6 1/2 days) that E will be fine. I will be fine. I have done well to surround myself with the most amazing people - family and friends. That sounds like it was all my doing, like I am a puppet master. I mean, I am dang lucky to have these said family and friends in my life. Eli is surrounded by good friends and even better parents of those friends. My kids are loved not only by myself and those in this house, but other families that I trust their happiness and playtime with. Lucky soul am I.


On a funny note, maybe only to me, we went out last night with some friends who were visiting from out of town. We took the kids, Dave wanting these old friends to meet the babies. Joey was wandering off a bit and I watched him skirt the wall and then go over to someone else's table and bend down. I went over and found him taking the phone out of some woman's purse. I immediately apologized with some sort of "Oh, sorry, he is a little pick pocket!" and smiled at her. She did not smile back and said "OK". I know it is annoying when little ragamuffins interrupt your meal with friends but seriously, how do you resist this face?

1 comment:

Miss(Michelle) said...

That is a Davey doo face if I have ever seen it.
Lets hope he turns out better than his daddy. I still have a cracked tooth to prove it.