Thursday, November 8, 2007

Flashback Friday!



I have already done a flashback with a family photo AND totally missed last week's theme Stylish Mom, so I think I will show you my mom . So eat your heart out.

This is my mom on the cover of her university yearbook, the Utopian '67 at the University of Utah. Look how classy and stylish she is.

This is my mom while she was the art editor at the school newspaper/yearbook. Such a great hairstyle. And I love her vest.

I especially love the shot below of her sorority picture. I have always loved how she looks in these photos, porcelain skin and all. My mom has always put things together well, she has an eye for it. Read more about her here and here.

She has always been creative and artistic. She still sews, draws, or creates something everyday. Quite remarkable. And she is the best Oma that grandkids could ever have. I have always looked up to her for many things, including her artistry and ability in all things crafty. Love you Mom.






















4 comments:

Corrie said...

oh isn't she all retro gorgeousness! I know where you get your good looks from! love it and to make the cover! WOW

Cecily R said...

Yay mom! What a bettie!

Lindsey said...

Wow I have never seen pics of yo momma when she was younger - - what a babe! She definitely has an eye for all things artsy - - I feel so lucky to know her and to be the proud owner of many beautiful gifts she has made. Also, I am the proud owner of an autographed copy of her newest book. Love it. Love her!!

Lindsey said...

PS: I see a lot of Joe in her pic as art editor!