Tuesday, February 19, 2008

100th Day of Kindegarten

No, it isn't Grumpy Old Men, or a visual interpretation of Smokey Robinson's "Tears of a Clown" (I like the Flying Pickets' version better). Today was E's 100th day of K. They were asked to dress up like they are 100 and bring a collection of 100 things. E did not want to dress up - he wanted to be a 100 year old Sonic if he had to be anything. Instead, we put together what he would wear. The cowboy galoshes were his idea.

I drew wrinkles on his face, he was sad, he got to wear shorts (or shants as we call them in our house) in the winter, he was sad, he got to wear his dad's tie, he was sad. He was sad all the way to school, he was sad when we did a parade into sibling's classes, he made me carry him because he was too tired (maybe he is in 100 years old). He did begin to smile eventually.
Then he got his award for being a Gold Medal Member of the 100's club (counting to 100 by 1's, 2's, 5's, 10's, writing 1 to 100 and counting backwards from 100 to 1). Then he got to show his collection, in groupings of ten equaling 100. Don't look to closely, the nine and the ten are both 11 pennies strong - I was a little distracted, Eli would have never made that mistake.
It really was quite fun to see this little pint-sized oldies. Some went all out, some did less. I guess I have to look forward to embracing my inner nerd when I turn 100.


As for creating, I am in a bit of a slump. I so want to be in painting and sewing, so I just need to make it happen. Because really, I need to have it. Between family life and extra-curriculars outside the home and quality time with the husband, there has got to be time. I am going to have to make a sacrifice and spend less time on the computer - which is probably a good idea. That is my goal this next 2 weeks - more productivity in the workroom, less perusing. Wish me luck.

7 comments:

Charlie Cooper said...

Whit, I think I saw you in some of those outfits back at WX. -ROB

Eloise H.R said...

OMG!!!! They are all SO cute!!!!!!
Thank you for sharing:))

Hidden Eloise

Adam said...

Did you ever hear the version Tears of a Clown by The English Beat? Also very good. . . .

Amanda said...

Man, that beats Libby's 100 days party, hands down! We'll miss you while you're off the gird, but great talents like you need time to create.

Corrie said...

awwwww look at all those cute kiddies! adorable

Corrie;)

Nikki, Cody, and Tessa said...

Hey Whit. Love visiting your blog from time to time. We have gone private recently on our blog and I would love to add you to my visitor list so you can peek in if you'd like. Email me your email address at nicoletreese@hotmail.com. Love your punchneedle patterns btw!

linds said...

hey whit, how funny is the little old man, i love it. doug was happy to see your cute kiddies. thanks for checking in.