Thursday, January 3, 2008

Things I am eyeing this week

Think Spring! Think Spring! Think Spring! It is only January and I am already sick of being cold and the yucky air that is the inversion in our valleys. But there are also pretty and nice things about winter. Will someone remind me what they are?




drikaB has made some beautiful zippered pouches. I love this one in particular. Look at the zipper pull! I love it so much that I just bought it! But there are more in her shop, so check it out. Wow, I have never just bought something while typing about it one my blog, hmm....












I saw this clock and thought it was blissfully cheerful and it helped me forget it is cold and wintry outside. Decoylab has great designs in her shop, including posters and calendars.









Crankbunny designs art you can play with. Sewn paper puppets, pop up cards and more. I especially like this peacock card. It all is very whimsical and fun.








I love my iPod and I love felt, so Suezybees caught my eye. I love her hand embellishment and embroidery. My iPod could only be so lucky to be in this.





I always love jewelry, love to buy it, but am awful about wearing it. I usually keep the same pieces on for quite a while. But they are usually simple pieces, like this. I love the sentimentality of this bracelet by Pink Papillon. It is beautiful. Hand stamped silver, personalized with the baby's birth date and other birthy stats. I would wear one for each of my children.





Ok, one more. I love things that are multi-useful. I also love words that remind me to reflect or sit and breath. So, I especially love Paloma's Nest. I have so many little bowls, cups, boxes and such to hold earrings, pennies, little things, on my dresser. It was hard to decide which image to show you from her shop but chose Craft Peace dove tiny text bowl. She says of this bowl, "CRAFT PEACE"...a play on words, yes, but also a powerful reminder to each of us that peace starts in our own hearts and in our own homes, and we must make a conscious effort to create it."CRAFT PEACE"...a play on words, yes, but also a powerful reminder to each of us that peace starts in our own hearts and in our own homes, and we must make a conscious effort to create it." I need this reminder quite often. Also, for every dove bowl sold, she will donate $2 to the local food bank in Austin, Texas. I love Austin, Texas. It is absolutely one of the best places in the U.S., but that is beside the point.




I can't wait to get my pouch from drikaB. I will post pictures when I get it. I love it already. And, I did order 3 different pads from Jot It Down (she was in my last eyeing post), and they are perfect.

No comments: