Friday, December 21, 2007

Flashback Friday!


Another holiday edition. I am five, sitting on Santa's knee (I am pretty sure that it is the same Santa from my 1 year old pics, of course it is, there is only one Santa) opening a present - bliss.

And here I am the same year, in a dress my mom made for me (I think I have used this picture before). I wonder where that nativity set is now? Christmas is just a few days away, and I am pretty excited for it to be over. Not that I don't love Christmas, I do, but there is a lot of pressure and hype to live up to. For instance, this conversation happened this morning:
W: E, what do you really want for Christmas?
E: A Wii.
W: I know you want a Wii, what else?"
E: Nothing. We need a Wii.
W: Remember in school when you learned about needs and wants? You need water, you need sleep, you nee...
E: A Wii.
I hope Santa delivers.
Also, we have another WHOLE neighborhood kids Christmas breakfast tomorrow. I'm helping, so I will be there, but I am not so certain about the kids. There is going to be a Santa there tomorrow and I just don't think he will be as good as the one they have already met with. And, I don't want them to be confused. I wish the excitement, parties, neighborly gifts and such would be spread out evenly through the year. And I should confess, I am holiday spirited out. I need to take a break from it, my kids need a break from it, before next week. There. I said it. I am a scrooge.

1 comment:

Mike and Tia Fam said...

You are not a scrooge Whit - I think that sometimes all the social engagements around the holidays add too much stress and take away from the time you want to spend with family or relaxing and enjoying it all. I heard of a family that would only pick one social engagement a week for the month of December just so that they could avoid being "holiday spirited out". It sounds extreme but I think that they are on to something.