Friday, December 14, 2007

Flashback Friday!

Tis the season, so I will share Christmas past photos. The kids have been watching me do these and Girly thinks I am her. When I tell her it is me as a little girl she asks, "You were a little mama?". I have been asked this quite a bit by her lately. It is fun to see and hear her thought process as I tell her about each picture, or share a toy from when I was little.



The above picture is me with Santa when I was 1 1/2 years old. We had a good relationship. The picture below is Christmas day of the same year, me in my Christmas Dress that my mom made. Based on the carpet, I am thinking this was at my Grandma McKean's basement. Who knows why I am crying, I'm one. But I love the dress and my gold bracelet that I wore until it wouldn't fit any longer. The bracelet is up in my jewelry box. I wish you could see more of the detail in the dress, it had a lot of detail, from the ribbons woven into the lace, the two tiered dress, the sleeves matching the bottom tier. Christmas is always a fun day and a tiring day for little ones.

1 comment:

shannon said...

hey Whitney...
do your nursing aprons double as baby sling carriers???