Friday, April 4, 2008

Punch and Cookies


I have been asked quite a few times lately by friends if we (Piccalilli Design, but more importantly my mom) would teach them how to needlepunch. So, I am letting you all know that we are going to set up a few "classes" for anyone in the Salt Lake City area who would like to learn how to create with this form of embroidery. If you are interested, send me an email at piccalillitoo@gmail.com, or you can leave me your contact info on the comments. We will set up classes according to the response.



It is really a fun thing to learn. You can frame the finished product, turn it into a softie, a pillow, a gift. It is also a fun thing to do with girlfriends, mothers, daughters, your book group, blog looky-loos....

You can choose from the designs already in our etsy shop (and there are 8 or so more that are nearly ready, including the Christmas tree to the left) or bring a pattern of your own choosing.

So please don't be shy! If you are in the area and would like to learn how but feel a little hesitant about contacting me, JUST DO IT! Contact me and I will send you details. Punch and cookies and a new hobby? Not too shabby.

3 comments:

JK said...

I'm thinking Melbourne, Australia is too far to come! I'd be there with bells on if we were in the same hemisphere.

Mrs.French said...

I love these! They offer classes at my favorite fabric store in Portland, I may have to take one.

Anonymous said...

Whit, I love you and hate you for finding that video. My only hope is that we didn't think it was cool in 94'. I mean we were cool, for sure, but the video... not so cool. -ROB- the best senior prom date ever!